- 6″ 18ga Sterling Silver Wire
- 12″ Sterling Silver Cable Chain
- 3″ Sterling Silver Extender Chain
- 1 Sterling Silver Clasp
- 18″ 26ga Sterling Silver Wire
- 1 Small Pear Shaped Briolette (example shown is Rainbow Moonstone)
- 6 3mm Garnet Round Beads
- 2 4mm Rainbow Moonstone Faceted Round Beads
- 1 4mm Labradorite Round Bead
- Ergonomic Plier Set
- Stainless Steel Bench Block
- Using your mandrel, take the 6″ piece of 18ga Sterling Wire and wrap the center point around it.
- Make sure both of the “arms” of your Sterling Silver Focal piece are roughly the same length. If they are not, trim them down.
- Take your Round Nosed Pliers and create a loop on each end of the focal piece.
- It’s hammer time! I only hammered parts of the center loop, and the “arms” a little distance from the center loop and the end loops.
- Straighten out your piece. It will be “bowed” in places from the pounding it received.
- Wire wrap ~1″ of 26ga Sterling Silver wire around one of the arms and down into the center loop. This stabilizes your piece.
- Now take a 5″ piece of 26ga Sterling Silver wire, and wrap it around one of the arms 3 times, then add a bead, wrap 3 more times, add another, and so on until you’ve used 5 of your beads, then finish by wrapping 3 times and trimming of the excess and pressing it down with your flat nosed plier.
- Cut the 12″ of Sterling Silver cable chain into two 6″ pieces. Using ~1″ 26ga Sterling Silver wire, link the chain and one of the loop ends together with a bead (example shown in Garnet) in the center. Repeat on the other side.
- Now take ~1″ inch of 26ga Sterling Silver wire and attach the cable chain to the Sterling Silver extender chain, with a bead in the center (Garnet) on one side, and the Sterling Silver clasp on the other.
- Using ~2″ Sterling Silver 26ga wire, wrap the briolette and attach to the center loop on your hand-hammered focal.
*If you’re unsure of how to wire wrap “Beginning Wire Wrapping” is a simple to use tool. **All designs provided are for inspirational use only. Feel free to copy this design or make it your own. We may run out of any/all supplies used in any given design.